tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 28 10:36:18 2000

Re: *Egypt*ngan Hol vIDelqa'

: ghItlh Holtej:
:>> tlhIngan Hol. Segh wa' 'oH moHaq'e' (jI-, Da-, lj).  Segh
:>>   cha' 'oH mu'na''e' (jIH, SoH, lj).
:>
:>  Hmm, {lj}, {latlh je}, qar'a'?  :)
:
: HIja'; Daloychu'!
:
: -- ter'eS

<<l.j.>> vIparHa' jIH je.

I can only think of two other abbreviations that I've seen used on this list:
tlh.w.D. (tlhIngan wo' Duj) = IKV/IKS (Imperial Klingon Vessel/Ship) and
tlh.H.y. (tlhIngan Hol yejHaD) = KLI (Klingon Language Institute).  Of course,
neither has been vetted by Okrand, but still I'm surprised that we haven't
developed a few more to use amongst ourselves over the years this list has been
in existence.

I suppose that's not surprising in view of the reluctance of most even to use
numerals instead of spelling numbers out in full (e.g. DIS cha' SanID vs. DIS
2000).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons