tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 25 17:43:23 2000

Re: meqleH (again)

jatlh Voragh:
>    <KLIP>
>     Another place to look is the Klingon Compendium section of the official Star
> Trek Continuum site (www.startrek.com).  Both of these were compiled from notes
> and reference materials used by the Paramount writing staff and are good places
> track down official (i.e. non-Okrandian) spellings of words and identify the
> episodes they first appeared in.

Minor correction:
    Dr. Okrand made the list available for the Klingon Compendium.
Originally ALL of the spelling errors were introduced by the staff at StarTrek.com.
    An attempt was made by certain members of this list to correct all of those.
Over 600 corrections were made, to spelling, definitions, and an attempt was made
to follow the original TKD pronunciation guide (I know, but they refused to remove
it.). Canon source was originally noted, but rejected by the ST.com staff.
    There are nearly 700 total, most with pronunciation guides (sound files)
created by Dr. Okrand himself. If anyone wants to know how anything should be
pronounced, this is one of the single largest sources of sound files, after KCD.
    Any errors from that time were probably left there then, or introduced by the
ST.com Staff after that effort. Klingons don't apologize, we just but our best
effort forth, every time.
     This is as close to Canon as could be made, under the circumstances. This was
not entirely a sanctioned effort, and there were performance pressures. Speed and
accuracy are not compatable goals.
     I can safely say that there are fewer errors in the Klingon Compendium, than
there are now, in KWOTD. If only because there are fewer words.

I may be wrong, but I'm still Qor'etlh.

=====
Qor'etlh valwI'na', HoS ne', buraD tuq, tlhIngan wo' may yo'
Duy'a'tlhIngan wo',tera'gnan veng wa'DIchDaq:Washington D.C.
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/4685
Imperial Klingon Battle Fleet: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ikbf
ELINT: tlhIngan wo' Duj Qo'noS qa': http://www.qnis.net/~klingon/Spirit_of_Kronos/
KLI qepHom 'utlhHom: /kli/qepHom.phtml