tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 07:49:39 2000

RE: Dictionary

ja' De'vID

	ja' pagh:

> > I personally use an Access database to track vocabulary, although I
> admit it
> > is fairly out of date. With some work designing the database, you can
> print
> > a nice looking Klingon-English wordlist, and with some more work, you
> can do
> > the same the other way. ghunchu'wI' has done a particularly nice job on
> his,
> > printing it in a booklet format that he can carry around if he wants to.
>
> How do you manage to sort it?  Because in English, "nga-" will go between
> "na-"
> and "nI-", but in Klingon the word order is "na-", "nI-", "nga-".
>
> --
> De'vID

	I use FoxPro for mine.  I have four columns for the klingon version
of the word, one for the roman version (tlhIngan), one for the pIqaD version
(XIFAN), one for Klinzhai (kliqan), both of those compatible with the font
available through the KLI, and an "alpha" version (21.08.13.01.12) which is
suitable for sorting as each letter is giving a number according to it's
place in the alphabet.  Naturally, I have a program the does the conversion
from the normal romanized version from the dictionary to the other formats.
>:-{)

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level