tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 01 15:43:24 2000

Re: Translating the word "Klingon" into other languages?

jatlh T'Flar:
>    This all well and good for all of you english scholars and the like, but
>is there some kind of "Klingon for dummies" that I could download.  I mean I
>paid my fee to come and learn Klingon, the language of my people, and so far
>I haven't learned didley.

(see translation below) SaHbej <<QIpwI'vaD tlhIngan Hol>>! <<tlhIngan Hol
mu'ghom>> 'e' pongDaj. Daghaj'a'? tlhIngan Hol Daghoj DaneHchugh DaghajnIS.
('ach "Internet"vo' DaSuqlaHbe'.) 'ej DIvI' Hol po'wI' jIHbe'bej. Hol
ghojtaHghach SeQ vIHutlh (le'ba' DuSaQ jen).

Translation: There certainly is a _Klingon for Dummies_. It's called _The
Klingon Dictionary_. Do you own a copy? If you want to learn Klingon, you
definitely should. (But you can't get it off the Internet.) And I'm certainly
not an English scholar. I have no formal language training (beyond high
school).

>And all that has happened is that I am being
>inundated with e-mail that I don't understand!

(translation below) qay'be'! De' DayajlaHbe'bogh yIQaw'! DIvI' Hol lungaS QIn
law'. DalaDlaH. <tlhIngan Hol mughom>> yIje' 'ej naDev tlhIngan Hol yIqeq.

Translation: No problem! Delete what you can't understand! Many messages are
in English. You can read those. Buy _The Klingon Dictionary_ and practice
Klingon here.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level