tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 29 04:47:56 2000

Re: [KLBC] [The Raven] Part 5

jatlh Edgar Allan Poe:
>So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
>"'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door--
>Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;--
>That it is and nothing more"

tIjwIj moqlu'bogh vItammeH, "pa' lojmItwIj 'elmeH SuchwI' muqoy' -
pa' lojmItwIj 'elmeH SuchwI' paS muqoy'; -
SuchwI' neH 'ej paghna'" 'e' vIja'eghtaH.

mugh Tremal-Naik:
>vaj moqboghtaH tIjwIj vIjotmoHmeH,
><<pa'wIj lojmIt 'elmeH muqoy'lI' SuchwI'­
>pa'wIj lojmItDaq 'elmeH muqoy'lI' SuchwI' paS; ­
>SuchwI' neH tu'lu'>> vIja'eghtaH.

This translation is excellent. I see only one possible problem in this
entire section. The first two lines are perfect. I see only one possible
problem in the third line. In the second line, you did not put a suffix
on {lojmIt}. In the third line, you did. Is this inconsistency
intentional?

                                        DujHoD

Back to archive top level