tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 29 02:33:07 1999

Re: wa'Hu' tIvbej lopno' / KLBC

ja' pagh:

> jatlh pIl'o':
>
> > wa'Hu'  qonwI'pu'  juHDaq  'uQ'a'  vISoppu'.
>
> You certainly completed the act of eating dinner, but do you want that to be
> the focus of your message? This is probably better without the <-pu'>.

actually, considering the quantities consumed and the ritual involved in the
feasting I think it even warrents a [rIntaH]

> > tlhIngan Hol  vuQchoHqu'  ghaH.
>
> <vuQ> means "fascinate", so the object should be <ghaH> and the subject
> should be <tlhIngan Hol>.

of course! jIbachHa'  'ej napba'.  jIyajchu' (now if I can only cram that into
long term memory....)

> > *Dr. M.O.  qIHta'neSDI'  wanI'mo'  ghaH vIja'pu'.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that you met Dr.
> Okrand, or that you friend has met him, or that he wants to? I'm probably
> just being dense, but I can't figure this out.

I told her about the time I was honored to actually meet (as in accomplished.
there were many people vying for his attention at the convention) Marc Okrand.

pIl'o'

Back to archive top level