tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 19 15:52:58 1999

Re: Pronunciation and ST:Klingon LangLab

jatlh 'oghwI':
> I've been trying to improve my Pronunciation using the ST:Klingon
> LangLab.
>
> I've been trying and trying and trying.  Is it me or is it very
> difficult to get it to recognise words?  Now I'm sure my pronunciation
> is bad, but it will not even think about a word that I'm sure I'm
> saying just like they do on the CD.

Don't worry too much about it.  I KNOW I'm pronouncing things right in the
lab, and it will still tell me I'm wrong.  I've heard completely clueless
people shout jibberish into it and get a 100% success rate.  The software is
really cool, but not perfect.

The lab is, I think, a particularly good practice of vocabulary.  And you
still get to hear sounds and words pronounced over and over again, as often
as you like!

SuStel
Stardate 99882.8

Back to archive top level