tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 18 08:37:52 1999

Re: Pronunciation and ST:Klingon LangLab

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:29:03 -0000 'oghwI'
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I've been trying to improve my Pronunciation using the ST:Klingon
> LangLab.
>
> I've been trying and trying and trying.  Is it me or is it very
> difficult to get it to recognise words?  Now I'm sure my pronunciation
> is bad, but it will not even think about a word that I'm sure I'm
> saying just like they do on the CD.

It may be your microphone or such. I tried it with the
microphone built into my laptop and my pronunciation is good
enough that I was invited to be one of the people used as
samples for the speech recognition software (though I was not
able to attend). It went something like:

KCD: Say {qoH}.

ch: qoH.

KCD: No. Not {qo}. {qoH}.

ch: [leaning closer to the microphone, watching the meter.] qoH!

KCD: No. Not {qo}. {qoH}.

ch: qoHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KCD: No. Not {qo}. {qoH}.

ch: qoHna' SoH jay'! toDSaH! yIHeghrup!