tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 11:45:22 1999

RE: qul tuq

jatlh quljIb:
> qullIj 'oH qulwIj ...

jIjatlh:
> wa' qul wIghajchugh maH vaj juHmey law'  DImeQlaH.

jatlh quljIb:
> "If we ten have one fire, then we can burn many homes."
> Well, maybe. I don't see the point of burning a lot of homes, though.

Well, I had to say something related to fire and houses. That was what came
to mind. The <maH> here is not "ten", which is a number forming element and
cannot appear all by itself. It is the first person plural pronoun "we".
It's normally left out of a sentence like this, but I added it for a bit of
emphasis on the "we".

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ