tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 01 21:27:45 1999

Re: KLBC

In a message dated 5/26/1999 3:50:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Your use of aspect on {vIlo'pu'} suggests that you had used some
 construction using {pat} in the past, but that use is completed.  I asked,
 "what words do you use to describe your computer now?"  I asked this because
 I was more curious about your use of aspect that I was about the terms you
 might use to describe "network." >>
Ah, this is exactly why I am still suggesting books and articles regarding
the subject of Aspect.  My usage indicated by {mu' [pat] vIlo'pu'} does
indeed mean that I had used the word {pat} "system" wholly in the PAST.  But,
this does not preclude my using it again.  Even though the action mentioned
WAS wholly in the past, it may occur again.  It may be occurring now without
the use of the imperfective {-taH}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level