tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 05 00:42:02 1999

Re: jIchegh tulajchugh

In a message dated 7/3/1999 9:22:49 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I accept that some people don't understand my usage.  I don't see a reason
 for "I occupy a short period of time" to be unclear in the context of my
 message, but I will believe people who tell me they didn't get it.  That
 doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it that way, as I still think it's an
 appropriate thing to say.

 If "I will be brief" makes sense to English speakers, {jIngaj} ought to
 make just as much sense to them.  peHruS even gave it as his interpretation
 of what I meant, although he then proceeded to claim not to understand it.

lughbe'bogh Hol Dalo'taHchugh ghaytan bImob'eghmoH.

nepwI' DaDaba'.  I, peHruS, showed that I do understand what you wrote.  I
NEVER claimed to not understand it.  I did say that I disagree with how you
said it.  batlh yIghob!  yIHIghQo'!

peHruS

Back to archive top level