tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 02 10:57:17 1999

Re: KLBC challenge

jatlh charghwI':

>majQa'! yIHem! Keep this up and you won't be addressing the BG.
>You'll BECOME the BG.

Since this is KLBC, I thought it appropriate to make a small note:

In Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, p. 117, we learn that generally, when
you've got a verb describing a state or quality with an imprerative prefix
(like {yIHem}), you also add {-'egh} "oneself" and {-moH} "cause."  It's not
ungrammatical without these suffixes, but it would be considered peculiar
among Klingons.

yIHem'eghmoH!
Be proud!
(Cause yourself to be proud!)