tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 08 14:09:29 1999

Re: KLBC: HovqIj jun Hov wov

jIja':

> > > bachlaw' jan. rut pay' wovqu'choH jan 'otlh tIH lelmoHmo'.
> >
> > I'm really not sure what you mean by this use of <lel>.
>
> "...because it makes a photon ray get out." The best I could get for
> "emit" (see below). (I can see charghwI' typing about 200
> alternatives...)
>
> > I think the
> > <wovqu'choH jan> is enough, but if you want to explain a bit more, try
> > something involving <'otlh> and <tlhuD>.
>
> <tlhuD>!!! mu'vetlh vIHutlhchu' QInvam vIqontaHvIS. mucha'Qo' <pojwI'>
> jay'!

Anyway, I think I got the definition of <lel> wrong. I've read this "wood" thread.
It seems that both definitions "get out" and "take out" are transitive. I didn't
consider that "get out" might be transitive. I only knew the intransitive form.
yapbe'ba' DIvI' Hol SovwIj.

HovqIj

Back to archive top level