tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 23 11:53:44 1999

RE: KLBC: 'Iv & nuq

jatlh John Halliday:

> << Is it possible for the words {'Iv} and {nuq} to be used in sentences
> that are not questions?  I'm trying to translate Abbot and Costello's
> 'Who's on first' sketch (yes I know, I'm being silly again), and the
> comedy value rapidly deteriorates if {'Iv} and {nuq} can only be used as
> questions.
>  >>

jatlh T'Lod:

> As far as TKD, I recall these words acting as nouns for the purpose of
> prefixes, but not saying they are nouns.  That sketch is one of the
> funniest I have ever seen by a comedian.  RIght up there with "choppin'
> broccoli."

Just a gentle reminder: if it has a KLBC in the subject line, or it is
obviously from a new person, let the BG comment on grammar questions first.
After that, it is open to everyone.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level