tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 06 12:43:33 1999

Re: Dreaming in Klingon

ghItlh Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen:

>How would you refer to a person -- say for example, your captain -- if that
>person was dead? Would you use -wI' or -wIj?

    I don't see any problem using wI', because while he was
alive he could use the language. When you rebember him, he was able
to use the language. You'll ever refer him in past:
"My captain said this/that", etc, like all of your dead ancestors:

"The grandfather of my grandfather had a beautiful house"
{juH 'IH ghaj vavnI'wI' vavnI'}

or

naDev HoDwI' mollu'
{My captain was buried here)

Edy

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Madrigal Sęculorum - http://netpage.em.com.br/fonseca
Pau Brasil - www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level