tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 08 20:29:01 1999

Re: Vowels

ja' charghwI':
>This is far more regular than in most languages. The only single
>exception to these rules so far is the transliteration of the
>name "John Luc Picard", which comes out {jan luq pIqarD}.
>Apparently, Klingons consider him to be significant enough to be
>worthy of care in accurately pronouncing his name.

I've not seen it transcribed anywhere, so I can't be certain, but there
might be another exception.  When Klaa discovered that the rescue ship
dispatched to Nimbus III was the Enterprise, he said something that to
my ears sounded very much like {qerq Duj 'oH}.  Of course, Kirk is also
someone having great significance to Klingon culture. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level