tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 12:14:38 1999

RE: KLBC: Multiple Adverbs

Welcome the list, DujHoD.

jatlh DujHoD:

> QInmey tetlhDaq QInwIj wa'DIch 'oH QInvam.
> tlhIngan Hol taghwI' jIH. jIghel vIneH.

> <Translation: This is my first message on a
> mailing list. I am a beginner of the Klingon
> language. I want to ask a question.>

Wow - the only error I could find in the whole thing was that you are
missing an <-'e'> from the <QInvam>. Very impressive grammar for your first
post.

> Can a Klingon sentence have more than
> one adverb? For example, can I say:

> nom batlh HIv.
> He/she/it/they attacked quickly and honorably.

> Or do I have to rephrase it to the longer sentence:

> nom HIv 'ej batlh HIv.
> He/she/it/they attacked quickly and
> he/she/it/they attacked honorably.

There is no reason to believe we can't have two adverbials in a sentence. I
do it all the time. Unfortunately, I can't think of a canon example with two
adverbials right now.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ