tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 28 13:21:08 1998

Re: Ke'Plak

According to TPO:

> >There are many things that don't always completely mesh between
> >English and Klingon. Look at the Question As Object mess where
> >people try to use the wrong grammatical tools to build a
> >relative clause. In English, the wording is very similar for
> >relative clauses as it is for Sentence As Object, if you use
> >question words as relative pronouns. Unfortunately, Klingon
> >doesn't USE question words as relative pronouns because Klingon
> >doesn't HAVE any relative pronouns.
>
> We don't know if klingon has relative pronouns or not.
> "questions" can't be used as objects, but we don't know if by coincidence
> question words can act as rel pronouns, IF klingon has rel pronouns.
>
> DloraH

We do know that relative pronouns do not exist. If you think
otherwise, just point to the section in TKD that describes
them. The closest thing you'll get is the relative clause which
works through a verb suffix, not a pronoun.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level