tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 16 15:20:31 1998

Re: Klingon Language Clan

Gristle p.:
: Actually, Klingon is a language that doesn't REALLY exist, so how can
: I possibly insult a race that isn't even REAL? Remember, we're all just
: playing dress up...

George A. Starkey:
: Actually, it does exist.  It has grammatic structure rules, a dictionary,
: and hundreds if not thousands of users.  It is every bit as valid as
: Ebonics.  Don't be surprised to see it taught in some university somewhere
: for credit someday.

Joanna:
: Even if the language exists, the race does not so who would you be
: insulting?

Why, Marc Okrand of course.   {{:-P

Voragh

Back to archive top level