tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 10 17:30:30 1998

Re: KIDC launches new Klingon online forum! (fwd)

---Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:

> I checked this out last night, and was surprised to find out that
the KLI
> is not universally loved.  One poster in particular got very nasty
and blamed
> the inactivity of the MUSH site on our "fun-killing" obsession with
canon.
> What an eye-opener!  I thought everyone loved us!
>
> -- ter'eS

Nope.  The Klingon dictionary is like an unfinished fence around the
language.  Some people, typically the KLI-types, want to stay inside
the boundaries of where the fence would be if it were finished, and
spend ages arguing about exactly where those boundaries would be.
Some people figure that because the fence isn't completely closed in,
and there's no one watching anyway, that they can run out through the
gaps in the fence and go anywhere they please, and still be speaking
Klingon.

Two different games played with the same board and pieces.

- Qov, who rides her mixed metaphors into the ground.
==
Qov - pab 'utlh