tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 07 00:52:01 1998

Re: KLBC - 'egh v -chuq

lab qe'San:

> On re-reading TKD I noticed that {-'egh} applies to singular
> subject and {-chuq} to plural subject but what if I have a
> plural but each was acting singularly.

> For example how do I differentiate between 'They hit themselves'
> (as in they they were only hitting themselves and not others in
> their location) and 'They hit each other' (as in they were hitting
> others around them but not themselves)?

There's no reason you can't use <-'egh> with a plural subject. In that case,
each member of the group does something to himself, or maybe the group as a
whole does something to itself.

<-chuq> can only be used with a plural subject, and it means that the
members of the group do something to each other.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level