tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 03 08:13:18 1998

RE: KLBC - loD'a' vIlIgh

: >Finally, I don't really know if the Klingon word <maw'> can be used as
: >freely as the English "crazy", or if it is reserved for significant mental
: >illness. I don't have any evidence one way or the other (Voragh ?), just a
: >feeling. Something to think about.
: >
: >pagh
:
: KGT p122 (bottom of page)
:    bImaw''a'?  Duvuv SuS DaneH'a'?
:    "Are you crazy?  Do you want the wind to respect you?"
: slang - What's with you? Are you an idiot?
:
: DloraH

DloraH found it first.  majQa'!  BTW, there are no other attestations of
<maw'> in canon.

--
Voragh                           "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons     lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level