tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 01 20:07:12 1998

RE: Sech nobqa'lu'

ja'pu' pagh:
>I started studying Klingon a little less
>than three years ago, and I posted my first message to the list on April
>9, 1996 (found that a few days ago going through old mail).

It's entertaining to go back and look at some of the archives from when
I first joined the list.  My first few messages were pretty bad, viewed
from where I am today. :-)

But the thing that strikes me most is that I can actually read what was
being posted in Klingon back then!  I remember laboriously looking up a
word at a time and writing down the translations on paper, then working
hard to figure out how they went together to make a sentence.  Now, for
the most part, I just *read*.  It's remarkable how the brain does that.

ja' Qov:
>April 2, 1996 vImuv jIH. 'ej April 27 jISo'Ha''egh. HeDon :)

jIHaghnIS -- wej bej <jISo'Ha'> Damaq.  lugh <So''egh> 'e' vIHarmo' qaqun.
lo'lIj DaHubchu' (TKD p.69: <nuqDaq So'taH yaS>).  'ach DaH <-'egh> Dalo'.

>bov Dacherpu', ghunchu'wI'.  yIHem.

jIbelbej 'ach jIHemnISbe'.  SaboSta'chugh tuquvmoH neH.
mughojmoH vay'; latlhpu' vIghojmoH; ghojmoH latlhpu''e'.  taH gho.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level