tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 14 06:25:43 1998

RE: Those subtitles.

<rant>
I think the script writers just kinda throw something at the page.
They don't even get the pronunciation close, even if they do lookup
some of the vocabulary. If they read at least the first couple pages
of TKD they would know that there is no way that {batlh} should be
pronounced "BAT-LEH", so that it sounds too much like "batleth". And,
how can they get "SHOO-VWEE" from {SuvwI'}? I used to try to listen
carefully to any Klingon dialogue, but now I am less enthused.
</rant>

As for "PAY-LODGE", my guesses are:

pelaj - (you, pl.) accept
peloj - (you, pl.) be all gone

I tried {pey}, too, but since it means "acid", I don't think it
fits.

~ Thornton

Back to archive top level