tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 11 23:43:01 1998

How far can an item go before it is considered "Klingon (tm)"?

NuqneH!

	On a recent mall invasion I happened to visit a knife/sword store,
in which I saw two "Klingonesque" daggers.  The first was black-handled
with macelike spikes on the pommel, with a lightningbolt-shaped silver
blade; it had a shallow groove similar to the dk'tagh blade.  The second
one had a triangular blade, and the handle was of red-brown wood; the
pommel was a skull *with what I would _SWEAR_ is a Klingon spinal/brow
ridge over the top of the skull* , and heavier-than-human, slightly
pointed teeth.
	Question: are either of these items in violation of copyright?
Neither is labeled "Star Trek" or "Klingon", so Paramount would not get
any sort of profit.  Prices are $165 and $75, respectively.

	--da laffin tlhIngan

Back to archive top level