tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 28 13:04:17 1998

Re: Qong bom

ghItlh Steven Boozer

> : }HurDaq jItlI' targh.
> : Outside the targ is ???-ing.
> :
> : I don't know the verb /jIt/.  Am I just out of it today?
> :
> : }Qong puqwI' Qong,
> : }HurDaq jItlI' targh.
> :
> : Etcetera.  What the heck is /jIt/?
> :
> : Qov
>
> Could s/he mean {yIt} "walk"?  Is /j/ pronounced like English consonantal
> /y/ in Dutch as it is in German?

Yes and Yes.
Walk is appropriate here, because in the song the sheep is indeed
walking.
And /j/ is pronounced in Dutch as English and Klingon /y/.

I must say that I think mu' QujwI' did a good job on this one. I
know, the grammar is not entirely correct, but it's perfectly
sing-able because the meter is the same as the original.

Though I don't think I will be able to sing a child asleep in
Klingon... }}:-)

/Doneq
______
may'meyDajvo' Haw'be' tlhIngan