tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 24 12:40:09 1998

Re: KGT voyage food

At 12:25 98-05-24 -0700, you wrote:
}On page 103 of KGT, leng Soj is defined as "voyage food."  Could I also
}translate this as "takeout food?"  Or would something else be more
}appropriate?

Well done. The word-for-word translation of {leng Soj} is "voyage food." The
explanation is "[from a restaurant] food packaged in boxes to be eaten
elsewhere."  The usual American English expression for this is "take-out
food."  I think the British English is "carry-away food."  If you're in a
sushi restaurant you might call it bento.  Use whatever English expression
bet describes the sense of a particular Klingon word, and don't be afraid to
translate differently on different occasions.

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level