tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 17 20:47:11 1998

Re: Klingon MSN

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Jimmyr17 wrote:

>Where is the Klingon part of MSN? Has it moved to startrek.com?

Yes, it has.  I quote from a recently-posted FAQ on all startrek.com
newsgroups:

"Star Trek: Continuum began as a joint effort between Paramount Digital
Entertainment (a division of Paramount Pictures Corp.) and the Microsoft
Network (MSN). STC first started up in the summer of 1996 (exact date?)
and was initially available only to members of MSN. The first newsgroups
were MSN proprietary groups accessible only via the MSN software. In the
spring of 1997, MSN began a migration to NNTP news servers for all online
content and the STC groups were among the first to make the move. However,
the content of STC was still only available to MSN subscribers. In January
of 1998, STC completed a migration to a standalone service available to
the general public. STC groups are now maintained on a separate, public
NNTP server."

Three general messages posted at the time of the move: