tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 14 14:01:07 1998

Re: Greeings

"Felis Panthera" <[email protected]> wrote:

:>BTW, Felis, are you certain your name isn't a variation of Felix, derived
:>from Latin *felix* "lucky, fortunate", which the Romans used as a personal
:>name and also in the old name for Yemen, Arabia Felix.  If so, you might
:>want to consider *{Do'wI'} "Lucky", derived from the verb {Do'} "be
:>fortunate, be lucky" plus the verb suffix {-wI'} "one who is, one who does,
:>thing which does".
:
: Thank you for the suggestion, and I may incorporate that into my name,
: but Felis is from the latin for cat... :) <meow>

toH, quSDaq jIba'!  Now that I see your email address again, I take it this
is an Internet nickname or, as the Romulans called them, a <rehei>?  (See
Diane Duane's _The Romulan Way_ for the story of how the Seheikk'he, or "The
Declared" in Old Vulcan, developed these -- as well as the artificially
constructed Rihanssu language -- on their long odyssey to ch'Rihan and
ch'Havran.)

Voragh

Back to archive top level