tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 12 19:50:54 1998

Re: Pet peeves

ja' Voragh:
>I wish we knew how Klingons address things.  In other words, how do Klingons
>command an "it" -- like a computer or a turbolift?  All the imperative forms
>address a "you" (singular or plural).  Most of us have assumed Klingons use
>Clipped Klingon for this, though I can't find anything in canon or that
>Okrand has said in the Expert Forum.  Can anyone else?

HablI', Su': labbeH.
  - Valkris, Star Trek III

When I mentioned to Okrand at qep'a' loSDIch that I thought that this was in
the form of a "pet command", he said it was a valid interpretation.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level