tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 03 09:23:27 1998

Re: KLBC - je

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Ken Nisewanger wrote:

|I know <je> is a conjunction, but somewhere I thought it is also an
|adverb following the verb it modifies but I can't find it.
|Please let me know if I have this right or whether I'm remembering wrong.

TKD 5.3 "Conjunctions" (p. 55):

"The noun conjunction {je} has an additional function: when it follows a
verb, it means `also, too'.
    {qaleghpu' je}	I also saw you. I saw you too.
As in English, the meaning of such sentences is ambiguous: `I and others
saw you' or `I saw you and others'.  The exact meaning is determined by
context."

Voragh

Back to archive top level