tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 31 19:40:35 1998

Re: KLBC - Hegh QIb ngechDaq jIyIttaHvIS...

---Burt Clawson <[email protected]> wrote:

> KLBC -
>
> ghe'tor vIghoSlI' 'ach jIcheghba'.
> veqlargh vI'tu'DI'

As you are on a mission to find the Fek'lhr, the verb /Sam/ is more
appropriate.  /Sam/ i for finding things deliberately, /tu'/ for
happening to notice.

> ghaHvaD baS 'In, mongDech je vItuQmoH.

I always thought of /mongDech/ as the collar on a garment, but you've
just made me realize that the collar on a Klingon garment is more like
an animal collar - heh, like the one I wore on Friday at qep'a' - so
the word works for both and there's no problem deciding.

> vaj ghoSDI' QoylaHchu'mo' qonwI'pu' HIvqa'laHbe'.

luQoylaH - plural subject singular object.

> "I am going to Gre'thor but I will obviously return.  When I find
Fek'lhr,
> I will make him wear a collar and a bell.  So, he cannot attack
composers
> because they will be able to hear him clearly as soon as he
approaches."

majQa'.

> mujang Qov:
>
> > nIghIj'a' moQDu'?
>
> ghobe'!  vIghIjbej moQDu'.
> rut vIghIjlaH moQDu' ghajwI': vaj jIHaw'rup.

Either you have a word order problem or a prefix problem.  Figure it
out. Are you the subject or the object of /ghIj/?

==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian