tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 16 23:38:07 1998

RE: qep'a'

mujang peHruS:

> << choSmo' qep'a', jISey'qu'ba', >>
>
> Looks like the author intended {chol} "draws nearer" instead of
> {choS} "deserts".  Interesting use of the verb {chol}.  Is this
> okay with Klingonists?  I do not see {qep'a'mey} as being able
> to move; and I feel that {chol} is a verb indicating that the
> subject moves.
>
> If indeed Eric meant {choS}, I am not sure what to say, because
> that does not make enough sense to me.

<chol> vIHech. I don't really think <qep'a'mey> can move either, at
least in the sense of coming nearer, but I was being metaphoric: a big
event looming on the horizon like a storm cloud is approaching. DaH
'engqoqvetlh vIleghlaHchu'. wejleS tlhoS vIHotlaH. chaq jIval. chaq
jIDogh.

And another error: the consistent use of <Sey'> instead of <Sey>. DopDaq
qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

pagh

Back to archive top level