tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 14 21:09:22 1998

Re: Comic

ja' SuStel:
>>Comics that appear in American
>>newspapers are often called "the funny papers".
>
>Even more frequently, they're called "funnies."
>
>tlhaQghach.

pIj pervam lo'law' tuqlIj'e'.  pongqoqvam vIQoypu'be' jIH.
vIQoybe'bej'pu'.  not vIQoy'pu'.

More frequently around *you*, perhaps.  I've always heard them called
"comics" or "funny papers", and I've never heard the term "funnies" used
in any context I can recall.  It sounds dreadfully close to something
like "teletubbies"...and its weirdness is indeed mirrored by {tlhaQghach}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level