tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 14 07:19:10 1998

Re: KLBC - DaH mughqa' tuv'el 'e' nIDlaw'

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:09:26 -0700 (PDT) Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' tuv'el:
> >jIngotlhchoHba'chugh qab'a'?
>
> juplI' tISujQo' yIyep.  'ej yImeQ'eghchu'Qo'.

Is it just me, or does this look strange? I'd have expected:

juplI'pu' DanuQbe'meH yIyep 'ej yIQop'eghmoHQo'.

I can understand the subjective differences in word choice, and
I'm sure there's a part of KGT that shows commands stacked like
this without conjunctions. Still, there seems to be a link here
between {Suj} and {yep} that is better served with {SujQo'}
being the purpose of {yep}.

ghunchu'wI' generally provides such good examples of clear
Klingon prose, I grow concerned that someone might take less
ideal examples to heart as something to emulate.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level