tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 13 08:42:36 1998

RE: KLBC: adverbial practice

---Quvar muHwI' <[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh pagh:
>
> >> jen
> >jen nuq? I don't know what you mean here.
> It's a joke. Forget the meaning as a verb, but see the translation
as an
> adjective:
> high --> HI!   :-)

You'd like Lawrence's puns. ghunchu'wI' and I spent fifteen minutes
trying to explain to him why a pun that was understandable only to
those who translate before looking for meaning wasn't funny to us.

> >Again, sentences with <neH> don't use <'e'>, and <Hech> might be
better.
> jIQongtaHlaw'

bIQongba'.  You put a V6 after a V7.

> >You need the <'e'> in the second sentence: <'ach SIS 'e' vIHar>.
Also,
> jIQongtaHbej.

And again.
==