tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 07 02:00:07 1998

Re: KLBC: not once, not twice... not muHwI'!

ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>ja' muHwI':
>>I just _heard_ the song and wanted to analyze the grammar of it, because it
>>is made to fit the music, not the klingon language rules. (verbs are used
>>as nouns, syntax is messed up, and sometimes it makes no sense for a
klingon.)

>pabbe'chugh, qatlh Dapoj DaneH'a'?  lI'be' pab ngab.
chaq lI'be' pab 'ach Dajqu' Qaghmey.

>If it doesn't follow the rules, analyzing its grammar is kind of pointless.
Not really. To be more precisely, I am analyzing the errors. And then I saw
this one line and started thinking how this would be in Klingon. There is
one part that is even pretty good!
*Hegh yoH loD Hegh nuch*
-> {Hegh loD yoH, Hegh nuch.}
*wa'logh Hegh yoH loD 'ach wa'SaD Hegh nuch*
-> {wa'logh Hegh loD yoH, 'ach wa'SaDlogh Hegh nuch.}

btw, the song is great :-)
muHwI'

>-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level