tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 06 21:09:32 1998

Re: The Farmer's Treasure is the Warrior's Burden

><< > > "The farmer's treasure is the warrior's burden."
>I am merely pointing out that the English word "impediment" comes from the
>Latin word for "luggage, baggage".  How about {luch} for burden?

luch is also equipment.
...the warrior's equipment.  It could be a good thing.
As Qov stated, it sounds like may'luch.

>And, no one has suggested the word {tev} for "treasure", though I like {mIp}

Voragh suggested [tev] as a possibility a week ago.

DloraH

Back to archive top level