tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 06 18:10:38 1998

RE: KLBC: ngengHom

While Qov is away I will be answering KLBC messages. Here goes.

lab [email protected]:

> juHwIjDaq HopHa' ngengHom.
maj. You could use <Sum> instead of <HopHa'>, though.

> wa'Hu' pa' jIyIt.  ngengHom luDech lavmey.
> He' lavmey 'ej vIparHa'.
maj. This is an excellent way to express "I like the fragrance..." without
any long convoluted sentences.

> lavDaq Dab puvbogh Ha'DIbaHmey.
You don't need the <-Daq> on the <lav>. <Dab> is defined as "dwell in/at,
reside in/at", so it includes the <-Daq> idea.

> qaSDI' jajlo', bom Ha'DIbaHmeyvam.   muleSchoHmoH.
maj. The <qaSDI'> is fine but not necessary - timestamps like <jajlo'> can
be used all by themselves. The sentence works either way.

> There is a pond not far from my house.  Yesterday, I walked there.
> Shrubs surround the pond. I like the shrubs' fragrance. Flying animals
> (birds) live in the shrubs.  These animals sing in the dawn.  It makes
> me relax.

majQa'. wanI' DatIvba'bogh DaDelchu'.

pagh
Temporary Beginners' Grammarian