tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 03 14:28:03 1998

Re: -Curses

> What have we seen so far??? janluq pIqarD HoD > said only one word
to a
> Klingon, and he replied "You curse well...". We > know nothing about
Klingon
> cursing...

He probably meant "... for a human" or "... as compared to the 99.9
percent of humans who don't bother to learn any Klingon beyond
'ka-plah' when we all speak your language with almost accentless
fluency."  Or maybe he was splitting a gut at Picard's feeble cursing,
as at a child shouting, "Gosh darn poopie heck!" And Picard was too
ignorant of Klingon culture to be insulted by this bochmoHghach.

StarTrek vIbejtaHvIS wa' DajwI' vIlegh vIneH.  tlhIngan Hol jatlhbogh
cha' novpu' vIQoy vIneH.  tlhInganpu' chaHbe' novpu'vam'e' 'ach Hol
lujatlhlaHbogh 'oH tlhIngan Hol'e'.  qatlh reH qummeH Hol DanIS DIvI'
Hol'e'?