tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 17:03:08 1998

Re: Question from a newbie

>>However, I'm a bit confused by one thing: MO calls the tlhIngan scale
>>nonatonic (i.e. nine tones to the octave), but what he then actually
>>describes is an _octa_tonic scale, since the ninth note duplicates the
>
>Isn't that the same "error" he did in TKD, when he said Klingon had had a
>ternary system based on 1, 2, 3?
>By the way, what was the conclusion of that discussion (sorry I had to go)

What "error" about the number system?
Ternary is correct.  1,2,3 is correct.   What's wrong?

(PS for those who haven't been here (muHwI') I chatted in person with MO
about the number system last month.
I am currently making a klingon abacus and slide rule.

DloraH

Back to archive top level