tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 31 21:52:43 1998

Re: Nature phenomenon

ja' Qov:
>I'll kind of like it, actually.  He obviously sings "rain".  ghunchu'wI'
>will get it.

She commands.  She does it again, then yet again.

Yes, I get it.  I surprised myself by not disliking it much, either.
Which got me to thinking about *why* this sort of thing doesn't hit
me as badly as Lawrence's {qo'vaD roj/DIngpu'bogh naH} translingual
pun.  I think it's because the other "words" in this case are just
nonsense syllables, and only half as much translation is involved.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level