tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 30 11:29:41 1998

KLBC: RB Illusions

More sentences to practice.

>>>If you want to eat in the kitchen then bring a chair.
>>vutpa'Daq bISop DaneHchugh vaj quS Daqem
>
>One problem.  The last verb should be imperative, an order.  The
>sentence you have translates to "If you want to eat in the kitchen
>then you <will bring a chair/brought a chair/bring a chair>."
>Use instead the imperative {quS yIqem}.

    I was in doubt when I wrote that.

>>>Tomorrow they will have finished arguing.
>>wa'leS ghoH lurInpu' (I had problems here)
>
>Remember, {rIn} means "be finished."  Its subject is the thing that
>is finished, it does not seem to take an object.And you know that
>the only verb that can take another verb as its object is {neH}.
>
>{wa'leS ghoHta' chaH} You could add {rIntaH} if there was some reason
>to be truly definite about the completion, and if you like to watch
>charghwI' wince. :)

    :-))

>>>They finished the espionage.
>>lInDab lurInta'
>
>The subject of {rIn} is the thing that is finished.  Not the object.
>This sentence is translated "They caused the espionage to be
>finished."  {lInDab lurInmoH}

    Ok.

>More to work on (some are ambiguous: any Klingon sentence that could
>reasonably be translated to give the English is fine):

wa' peng lo' 'ej vagh negh HoHchu'pu'  / wa' peng vagh negh HoHchu'pu'
>He finished five soldiers with one torpedo.

Qe' ngo'Daq vagh nay'mey Sopchu'
>He finished five courses in the old restaurant.

HoqvaD vagh qoq chu' chenmoHta'
>He finished five new robots for the expedition.

vagh raSmey ngo'qu' rInmoH  'ej quS chuS tI'
>He finished five antique tables and fixed the noisy chair.

wa'maH Sochvatlhrep vum 'e' mev 'ej 'uQ Soprep
>He finished at five and was ready for dinner.

jorbeHDI' nIchvam DoqchoH bobcho'vam / jorbeHDI' nIchvam Doq moj bobcho'vam
>This module turns red when the ammunition is ready to explode.

wa'Hu' taS Hurgh pojta' tej
>Yesterday the scientist had finished analyzing the dark solution.

ngong wIrInmoHchugh vaj SIbI' yagh yIchev
>If we finish the experiment, immediately isolate the organism.

vulqangan vuQ tlhIl Qobvam
>This dangerous mineral will fascinate the Vulcan.

verengan ghIj tlhIlmey ramvam
>These trivial minerals will frighten the Ferengi.

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level