tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 29 23:40:01 1998

Re: Babalon vaghDaq, qaStaH nuq??

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Paige <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: Babalon vaghDaq, qaStaH nuq??

>>pe'vIL DIS *Sheridan* net nID.
>This doesn't work for me yet.  I imagine the {pe'vIl} by rights belongs
>before the {net}, but even that sounds strained.  I thought the meaning was
>just
>pe'vIl *Sheridan* luDISmoH 'e' lunID
>or some such.  It doesn't sound sensible to say that one person tried that
>someone else do something.  Or maybe a -meH clause is in order.
><<<
>
>I was trying to say:
>"They tried to force Sheridan to confess."

I saw the episode in question, and there was little that was forceful about
Sheridan's interrogation.  It was nasty and devious, but they rarely used
force.

Sheridan luDISmoH 'e' lunID.
They tried to make Sheridan confess.

If you want something more forceful (!) than this, it's going to start to
get icky:

DIS Sheridan 'e' luraD 'e' lunID.
The tried to compel Sheridan to confess.

SuStel
Stardate 98080.1

Back to archive top level