tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 28 10:00:50 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry

-----Original Message-----
From: WestphalWz <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: KLBC Poetry

>In a message dated 98-01-25 01:22:41 EST, SuStel writes:
>
><< >{-pu'} (and {-ta'}) DOES mean that the action is complete, not just
that
>it
> >occurred before the time context. >>
>
>----peHruS clarifies----
>Although SuStel is correct, so far, I state for clarification that "the
action
>may become complete at a future time."  I get this from reading about
aspect
>in TKD.

Of course, peHruS, but I can't translate every Klingon sentence with
"was/is/will be."  I will simply translate into the most appropriate tense.

targh legh Qugh.
qet targh.
tlha' Qugh.

Kruge saw/sees/will see the targ.
The targ ran/runs/will run.
Kruge chased/chases/will chase it.

See?  That's foolish and tiresome.  I can choose one tense and then
translate.  As in TKD, the most frequent tense to choose is English present
tense.

SuStel
Stardate 98074.8

Back to archive top level