tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 25 20:24:40 1998

Re: mathematics

At 02:45 98-01-25 -0800, Jimmy wrote:
}vItlho'  naDev jIchu'.   QaH vIpoQnIS
}My Klingon is very basic now, so I might have to write half and half

Welcome to the list.  I'm Qov, the Beginners' Grammarian and my job is to
give you the help you require.  Mark posts for my attention with the letters
KLBC (meaning Klingon Language Beginner's Contribution) on the subject line.
You're doing well so far.  I recommend you include and English translation
of what you write in Klingon so that I don't have to guess what you might be
saying if you make an error.

Your line above says: "I appreciate it.  I am new here.  I need to require
help."

You probably meant "I require help."  That would be simply {QaH vIpoQ}.  The
suffix {-nIS} is used when the verb does not already have the idea of "need"
attached to it.  {bIHaDnIS} - "you need to study."  {qaQaHnIS} - "I should
help you"

bIyaj'a'?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian