tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 11:02:32 1998

Re: KLBC: mu'tlheghmey

>majQa'.
>  Well chosen sentences, and good thinking.  I can give you maximum
>help when you don't try to tackle too much. I see that you know how to use
>the KLBC, so I'll skip the hi-I'm-Qov-welcome-to-the-list bit (but you're
>still welcome) and get to work.

Actually this isn't my first post, I've just been inactive for a (long)
while.

>}DujHommeyraj bIQaw'
>}"You destroyed your little ships!" (presens actually I know)
>
>Have another look at the prefix table on p. 33.  You may be reading it
>incorrectly.  The subject AND object of the verb must be represented in the
>prefix.  You have the "you" partly right, but you say you are talking to
>"presens"  -- I assume that's a typo for "persons" -- so you need the you
>(plural) prefix appropriate for third person plural object.  That's {bo-},
>found in the bottom right hand corner of the chart.

Actually "presens" was supposed to be "precense" (I think), the present-time
aspect anyway, however you spell it. And I don't even remember why I put
the -raj suffix at the end. The sentence is directed to one person
(specifically to Picard in ST:FC :). So it should have been -lIj.

/ Peter Schuller

-----------------------------------
E-Mail: Peter Schuller <[email protected]>
Date: 21-Jan-98
Time: 07:44:59
Linux - The Choice of a GNU Generation
Be Microsoft FREE!!! Check out www.linux.org

(This message is MSF-1 compliant, which basically
means that it is guaranteed to be written and sent in a
100% Microsoft FREE environment)

Back to archive top level