tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 18 18:41:33 1998

Re: KBLC: vegh

At 06:36 98-01-12 -0800, Ken wrote:
}Hi all....
}
}I am going by memory (and that's a terrible thing).

Memory is a most excellent thing, and I highly recommend that everyone use
his or hers.

}If I recall this group finally agreed that *vegh* is the word for going
}through something with an aperture. A window or door. If my memory is
}correct that did we (you) ever determine the word for going through in the
}sense of "fist through wall"; bullet through heart"; "man through forest"

The group did not determine it.  Marc Okrand presented it andd the group
discussed it to a bloody pulp. Words that could be used in some contexts for
some other meanings of English "go through" are {DuQ}, {ghoS}, {juS}, {SIQ},
{'el}, {leng}, {QopmoH}.  Look them up and decide if the meaning or context
matches what you are trying to say.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level