tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 14 06:29:43 1998

Klingon scansion

I new here so bear with me if this has been beaten to death...

But has anyone worked out the scansion to any of the Klingon
poetry and songs floating around in the shows.  The episode
of DS9 with Worf & son, had a song that sounded like it scaned
just like homeric poetry. (in greek). /.. /.. /.. //

I take it in Klingon one would scan a line based on where the
stops are, as the pitch doesn't change, nor the length of the
vowels, rather the duration. Any thoughts answers?

BTW does Klingon have a natrual scansion due to the suffixes?

Back to archive top level