tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 16:44:39 1998

Re: tlhIngan vIDalaw'

>> jIjangqa' 'e' loS ghaH
>
>jIjangqa'meH loS.
>
>charghwI'

The reason I wrote this using 'e' is because TKD lists loS as "wait (for)".

qI' = sign (a treaty) (v)

A while back many insisted that qI' was ONLY for signing a treaty and not
for simply signing in general, because the word treaty was included in TKD.
There were several other examples in that discussion; words which all had
(something).

loS = wait (for) (v)

So I went along with this for loS, contrary to seeing many people use the
word for just [wait].

jIjangqa'meH loS = he [wait for] for the purpose that I answer again.

jIjangqa' 'e' loS = he [wait for] it. (it = I answer again)

Do you see where I'm coming from?
If loS was listed as only [wait] and not [wait (for)], then I would have
written it the same way you did.

Do we have canon on this?

DloraH
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro